RE: Computer Spec for Realtime trading

Use a Pentium 700 instead of Athlon
We run several 2000i and only the Athlon powered machine makes problems for
a while.
During weeks we changed many Motherboards and believe me I will never ever
use a Athlon.

256 is fine but 512 is better

The need of memory defense on how many Charts or Radarscreen rows you use
Example 100 Rows / Charts 256 MB is fine but if you plan to use 700 Rows you
need 512 MB

Win2000 and NT work speed if only half of physical memory is used.
Example : if Task manager shows 200MB of 256MB physical memory usage you
need more memory to speed up your system
And remember, not only 2000i need memory a lot as well data sever (DBC,
Satquote or whatever) and other applications.
It's expensive to have more memory but much safer

Use SCSI Hard drive if you plan to work with large intraday data's.
After we changed from Ultra DMA IDE drive to Wide SCSI we saw a double speed
in Maintenance and rebuilding index after server crash (tested with 1,2 Gig
data's and 1200 symbols)

Kind Regards

Jo Haas
TRADERSWORLD
Software & Support für den professionellen Anleger
Http://www.tradersworld.net
Vertrieb fuer Omega Research und Advanced Get (TTI)
Email Jo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OMEGA Usergruppe Deutschland
machen Sie mit, regionale Gruppen vielleicht auch in Ihrer Naehe
Infos unter http://62.157.215.120/omegalist.htm