Re: ISLAND and Stocks

 Not that this really matters to me... But you can "bid" higher than the
 lowest offer.
 You do this by entering a price above the low offer on ISLD. If there are
 shares there
 you will get them. Thats all there is to it.

 What you CAN NOT do is have your price represented as the "best bid", since
 that would
 be higher than the "best offer" which would cross the market. In my opinion
 you should be
 able to cross the market. That would really put an end to the market maker
 games of holding
 down the price when they refuse to fill orders at the price and size that
 they are displaying.
 They simply have too much time in which to refuse to fill orders, basically
 minutes, not seconds.

 eric