Re: Re:FREE>TRADERWAREand free trial of Safir-X

----- Message d'origine -----
De : Larry Wright <lwright@xxxxxxxxxx>
À : Pierre Orphelin <pierre.orphelin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc : <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé : Saturday, April 22, 2000 04:29
Objet : Re: Re:FREE>TRADERWAREand free trial of Safir-X

> On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Pierre Orphelin wrote:
>
> > It works exactly the same when running realtime.
> > You can train test on 4000 bars data files, and reload  4000 bars of out
of
> > sample data, several times.
>                ^^^^^^^
> Does it stop working then?

No.
You can reload a new serie of  4000 bars and again and again.
Al results for each  out of sample series are stored and displayed

> > The performance summary is provided, so you do not need realtime
verification
> > to validate the concept.
>
> Does this mean I can't see trade-by-trade results?

You can see them (a detail window with graphics,  trading signals and equity
curve
 is also provided, zoomable and also  a data window).
You can even overlay the indicators used, as well as the theoretical trades,
the hard points ( where it is difficult to learn or to improve and the
contradiction points - where a rule says buy and sell with the same rule
activation).
Most of these things are not availalble in TS2000.
And also, please call me if you succeed to crash your computer with this
piece of software.

Usually I judge the system by a quick glance at the equity curve:
Straight smooth line , or positive convexity shape, I keep.
Other case: Dustbin.

Sometimes I look at detailed trades only to see how the thing understands,
but it is not the key point.
The key is equity curve shape and max drawdown amplitude, and average trade
value.
All the rest is fairy tales  for little traders.

> > We do not want to remove the  4000 bars limitation because in this case
this
> > is the full development tool.
>
> Hmmm... sorry to hear that  - some of my things require very long
> series; it seems I would not be able to test them.

Do it sevral times.
This is a free evaluation version.

> > Also, we do not provide the TS runtime ( in this case, we give the
software
> > for free, an immoral concept for a developer)
>
> How do I 'see' what it does - does this mean no graphics?

They are included  with the software that acts as a standalone app.
I do not use TS anymore to backtest the neurofuzzy  systems.

This piece of software is very fast to backtest, you should try it only to
see...
Jewelsoft has been in the programming industry for  25 years,
 and it's amazing to see what they are able to do with a C++ compliler
 and their infamous  double* address programming techniques.

> Why don't you start a list for this? This is, after all, the Omega list,
> and it does not belong here.

I have been  very bad educated by MB over years here.
And the difference is that he knows how to start a list and I do not.
( please do not explain it to me, I do not own a Cray)

75% sincerely, maybe less, maybe more.
(Fuzzy regards)

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com