RE: vix type indicator for dow

This is doable.....and would use the DJI options series.....it would require
a realtime analysis of the near-the-money options. It would constantly have
to adjust for this condition (which option strike is the closest).

It would have to calculate the implied volatility based on the option
bid/ask price.
Option Station 2000 has the tools to do this.

Since the WRITE API to the Global Server is not available, it would have to
output a comma-delimited file of the Dow VIX data on a 5/20/60 minute basis.

Heck, why not create one for the Nasdaq 100 at the same time ?
Also, for the Nasdaq Composite, the tracking index "QQQ" would be another
candidate for a VIX indicator.