Types for DLL variables

I am trying to figure out what types to use when passing variables using the
DefineDLL statement.

Initially, I just want to get the function call working by passing the
closing price.  I read somewhere it was a long multiplied by some other
value but I have passed the close both as a pointer --MyDLLFn
((LPLong)(close)) --and by value-- MyDLLFn ((Long)(close)) -- where close
should = 148.938 and in both instances am getting the value 149 on the other
end.  Next, I tried passing as a double.  Now I am getting tired.  Can
anyone lend a hand.  TIA.