Long Term Systems

>Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 15:19:13 -0800
>From: Dennis Holverstott <dennis@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Long Term Systems
>
>> If you send people a ELA code, please don't password protect it.
>
>Personally, I always "just say no" to unknown ela files. Too many ways
>to mess up your system when you paste them in - overwriting functions
>with the same name, etc. If the person really wanted to contribute
>something to the discussion, they would include the indicator/system in
>plain text.

Just want to echo Dennis' thought here; particularly if it is password
protected.  I can write an EL function that can erase files on your harddrive.

Charles Kaucher

Where troops are gathered the price of every commodity goes up because
everyone covets the extraordinary profits to be made.

     --  Comments in The Art of War by Sun Tzu