RE: FW: Omega 2000i & privacy

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Giovanni Pugliese wrote:

> 	My position here at omega is test lead for the Global Server.  As
> much as I would like to formally respond to this email in the capacity that
> you require, I cannot.

I understand...

> I can, however, reply to this as a representative of
> our QA department, as a fellow share holder, and as an employee at omega, in
> general.  In response to you first concern, I would not work for a company
> that would condone accessing, examining, or collecting user related
> information in a situation where the information is not being directly
> surrendered by the user for a purpose in which the user is fully privy to,
> and in which the user has full consent and approval.  And it is my honest
> opinion that every representative in this company shares my sentiment in
> this issue, but again, this is my personal opinion.

I would hope that this is true, but as you might be able to tell from this
list, there is a deep mistrust of Omega.

> As for your second request, which is the lesser of the two evils as I
> percieve it, I can only say that as a software tester I would greatly
> discourage use of our technology for these purposes, but I certainly am not
> in a position where I would make that type of determination to properly
> address in this forum.

I'm a bit encouraged by your comments. I hope they don't get you in too
much trouble :-). I appreciate your replies to the list.

I'll keep my packet sniffer off, but at the ready, for the time being <g>.

I hope that, later, we don't catch Omega software doing something nasty...

Thanks,

Larry