Re: BlackICE

AtGuard is now Norton.
As for backend logic, I think you mean scanner, which combine with the
Antivirus scanner with trojan signatures, takes care of things.\

AtGuard monitors the ports, incoming and outgoing. Tells you if some app
wants to get thru either way and ask for permission. Ability to identify what
exactly is limited. Irrelevant to know the name of the trojan caller on the
outside that it blocks. It does indicated what program is making an attempt
to call outside which Black Ice is blind to.

Better 2 use 1 good one to conserve CPU and resources.