Re: BlackICE

"Don Roos" <roos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>You might want to check out the free firewall software at:
>http://www.zonelabs.com/default.htm...
>
>This free software may be better than Black Ice......

I've had good success with BlackICE but it is certainly definitely not the
only product out there.  Some aquaintances of mine have had good success
with the ConSeal line at:

www.pcfirewall.com

One thing which BlackICE does not have is any filtering of *outbound* traffic.
 That is, unlike some firewalls, it does not allow you to control what information
is passed by your machine when you visit various web sites, etc.  If you'd
like that feature you might want to take a look at the ConSeal products,
 mentioned above, among others....

Good surfing,

OM