Re: Better than Black Ice

  • To: fritz@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Better than Black Ice
  • From: Dennis Holverstott <dennis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:39:21 -0800

Gary Fritz comes through with the ZA/Sygate answer:
> Dennis, FWIW:  Sygate.exe is the "Sygate Manager" app.  If you don't
> run it, and if it's not showing in your System Tray, it won't be
> running at ALL.  So if that's one of your CPU hogs (though I can't
> imagine why!?), maybe you'll do better if you just exit it when you
> don't need it?

Thanks, I'll try that. I have it set up to load minimized at boot. I use
it to dial and hang up the modem but I can get by without it. Maybe
manager is trying to "manage" something and ZA is saying "hey, what the

Okay, just realized I can shut down manager from the menu without
rebooting. YAHOOOOOOOOOO, that did the trick. CPU isn't going over 6%
now. THANK YOU!!!!!

Hey Gary, I'm gonna CC the list with this as this is clearly the
solution to the problem I was having.

Stealthy AND fast,
Dennis