What is this Sygate ?

  A lot of people are making casual reference to Sygate in the
"Better than BlackIce" thread.
  I went to their website but was unable to grasp a sense of exactly
what it does.
  I have a DSL Win2000 Athlon700 machine for TS4 and an ISP available
to me if I want to use it on that same DSL machine.
  I have another Win98 P133 machine with a different ISP and v90 modem
for e-mail and browsing.
  A third machine is used strictly for R&D crunches and NONE are
networked together.
  I want the DSL machine to remain totally dedicated to feeding TS4
with realtime quotes even though a free ISP comes with the DSL
account.

Question:
  I gather from the brief description at their website,
that if I were to network the 2 machines together, that Sygate would
allow me to simutaneously do e-mail and miscellaneous internet tasks
using the DSL machine's ISP without interrupting or in any way hampering
the performance of the TS4 operations? And I would no longer need a
dialup ISP?

Note: I'm not doing automated entry from the TS4 machine nor do I
have any networking knowledge or experience.
(old-time satelite user-ready-to-be-qfeed-user transplant)

thanks, dbs