Update Every Tick ?

Usually when I use Update Every Tick on an indicator, it acts just as
I would expect -- the indicator recalcs every time a new price tick
comes in.

But this morning I've been watching ADX, and it doesn't seem to be
behaving properly.

If I turn UET off, the indicator plots the value for the previous
bar's close.  Just as I would expect.

If I turn UET on, it plots a *different* value than the previous bar
close.  Just as I would expect.

BUT... the value stays constant (or nearly so) for the entire bar.
Then, when the bar closes, the ADX suddenly jumps to a new value.
The old value is recorded as the closing value for the just-closed
bar, and the new value stays constant for the next bar.  I've watched
it do this on several 30min bars today.

E.g. when the 1:00 bar closed today, ADX showed a value of 20.68.
This value stayed constant for the next 30 minutes.  At 1:30 the
20.68 value was recorded as the value for the 1:30 bar, and the ADX
jumped instantly from 20.68 to 19.85 or so.  It then crept up to
20.02 in the first 10mins or so, and stayed absolutely unchanged
until 1:57.  Between 1:57 and 2:00 it moved from 20.02 to 20.07, then
at the instant the bar closed (and recorded 20.07 as the ADX value
for the 2:00 bar) it dropped to 19.55.  !?!?

It's almost as if it precalculates the end-of-bar value at the very
START of the bar, then holds onto that value.

Any idea what's going on here?  Is there something unique about ADX
that causes it to do this?

Gary