Re: chart pattern to die for\Pierre time?

  • To: "Omega list" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: chart pattern to die for\Pierre time?
  • From: "pierre.orphelin" <pierre.orphelin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:25:58 -0800

----- Message d'origine -----
De : spi <spi@xxxxxxxx>
À : Omega list <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>; <frwd@xxxxxxxx>
Envoyé : vendredi 10 mars 2000 21:03
Objet : Re: chart pattern to die for\Pierre time?

> I sincerely appreciate your reply, Brian; however, there is significantly
> more to pattern recognition software than static code. The syntax must be
> adaptable to pattern distributions which fall outside of 'normative
> mathmatical' values.
>
> In your description of a parabola, there are unique and numerus variations
> of this structure that mandate certain 'neural' coding innovations, none of
> which I have had the pleasure of isolating, at any cost thus far in my
> pursuits.
>
> Perhaps you have a mathmatical model which is operative in this regard?
> I have isolated ther patterns that are far more effective than the C&H, and
> have worked for 5+ years to code them, in any language... No luck!
>
> Rick Martinelli, of Haiku Laboratories, right here in my backyard, has
> programmed the cup and handle pattern, as noted in a previous edition of
> S&C; however, the conversion into a trading platform always seems to be the
> roadblock, ad nauseaum.

Most of the programming of fixed patterns is bound to fail because the pattern itself
does not work the same manner all the time, and there is a wide variability.
Also, reducing market study to patterns is fishing anything  with a shrimping net.
Or a set of nets without knowing wich one will catch the fish....

> Perhaps the most intriguing software is the french fuzzy logic so disparaged
> on this list, yet very few intelligible threads have followed up on this. I
> think its about time I ventured over that way...

No so disparaged, I feel.
The disparaging feature mostly comes from the price ( $4850) and the personality of the representative
 ( ie, myself, known as an Omega bigot, if only one was existing).
What is, mainly, not very much appreciated on this list.

That's aside, it's free to try it and the next version 3  due to march 2000 will blow out some hard stratified minds.
Portfolio training and testing in one operation, resizeable target on the fly, all results recallable for every solution found...

This software has years in advance on what is currently available, and it's not the end of the story...

And now, a word from our sponsor..

Sincerely,

-Pierre Orphelin
Neurofuzzy Logic tools for TradeStation
Free evaluation versions and competitive upgrades available
web: http://www.sirtrade.com