Re: BlackICE

Good Advice.  Actually, ALL the PC software firewall have issues of
one kind or another.  A few:

BlackIce - No outbound traffic control/reporting, frequently false
alarms, good at protecting allowed ports/applications with holes

Conseal - Hard to Configure, even for security pros.  Most people copy
configs from other users and may leave holes. Little backend Logic on
allowed ports

ZoneAlarm - Buggy (but expected to stabilize), Good outbound traffic
monitoring

Norton Security - Conseal Like approach, but easier to use.  Web Ad
Blocker, little backend logic.

Most reviewers are recommending using any of these WITH BlackIce so
you get firewall like control over ports and allowed traffic with the
backend protection on your allowed apps.

       Cooke