Re: [dynastore-qc] Refresh Dynastore omz???

"Andrew Nopper" <tradera@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My recollection is that TS4 makes certain assumptions about whether
> the high or low of the bar is hit first.

Correct.  But that's irrelevant if the bar contains only one stop.
It doesn't *matter* what order the high or low came in -- at some
point during the bar, your single stop was hit.  There's no ambiguity
about what happened.

You get into trouble if you have MORE than one stop.  In that case
the TS4 assumptions may or may not be correct, and you can't
guarantee that the backtest is valid -- you don't know which stop
would have been hit first in realtime trading.

That's why trailing stops and 1-bar trades are dangerous in TS4.
You're likely to end up with multiple stops in a bar.

> I believe that 2000i has the ability to look
> at data at the tick level.

Right.  And if you activate that feature, then you don't have any
problems at all (supposedly) with backtesting assumptions.  Backtests
should be identical to realtime trades.  In theory.

Gary