TS4 Dynastore help???? Part2

Thanks to those who responded so far. Here's my take on some of it......

on REFRESH data needed for trading:...This seems to be the BIG SNAG.

me>3) Will I be able to chart the entire SP00H from Quote.com when I
me>    hook up my TS4 to it or will I need some refresh data? If the latter is
me>   the case and refresh data is difficult to obtain or only available from
me>    Omega,

response>no. you cannot use quote.com on TS4 unless you have dynastore and
response>you need historical data to paste in.

response>However, you still must obtain refresh data. I find Omega's
satisfactory
response>although some have found it wanting at times.

I downloaded Omega's refresh data for the entire march contract period last
night
in anticipation of setting things up.
Here's what I didn't get.

12/16/99 crashes when attempts are made to download.
1/4/2000 missing
1/5/2000 missing
1/6/2000 missing
1/10/2000 missing
1/20/2000 missing
1/24/2000 missing
2/9/2000 missing
the entire past week missing

Neither my system nor I could possibly make sound trading decisions with all
these holes. In fact, with the entire past week missing, I'd have nothing to
give
maxbarsback to work with. I'm not simply working with price here. My system
generates the same trades I'd choose to take. I monitor it to make certain
nothing
goes haywire. There's always something new to learn.
  Murphy's law makes certain that something will go wrong somewhwere and
refresh
data will be needed. Is there not a network of TS4 Dynastore users out there
keeping
eachother up to snuff on patches?

on data OUTAGE and DELAYS:................

me>Am I correct in assuming I shouldn't have delays with the proper equipment
me>as I'm only charting the SP in 2 to 4 workspaces?

response>Correct.  The delays you experience will not be caused by your
response>equipment

Oops. This sounds bad. I'm used to only experiencing problems for a few days
in the spring and fall due to sunspots. That's enough to ruin my day. Is this
occurring more often than that with quote.com?

response>1. no. the source of data can be slow - and usually is the
bottleneck.
response>bmi way slow, quote.com and other internet vendor got cut of at least
response>a few times a day (you will not know) .using a squawk box in your
response>case is the best protection as you have DSL, the voice feed is
fastest

The squawkbox users have all so far said this was not the case. In fact,
some stellar responses form squawk users. Maybe things have
improved since his research?

thanks,
dbs