Re: Trend Days

I counter trend trade the S&P, because I think that is the only way
you can trade it. It doesn't trend and I have tried every idea
I could think of or have seen published since 1990.

On days like Friday, you are just screwed. I think you have
to look at it this way: The S&P hardly ever will trend in
one direction so strongly all day. Even if there is a little
weakness in the trend, you will still make money (not
on Friday) or be flat, because you will make money on the
counter trend waves. Lots of days I have went long
on a down day, and been 3 out of 4, and made $3,000+.

Every filter I have ever tried will work great on a day like Friday,
but won't work on "normal" days. You have to look at your whole
system. Judge your performance month to month, or weekly.

You just can't win them all, though at the end of the day,
it will be so obvious what you should have done. That's
trading.

David