.. holds promise: Heisler's pop quiz

Bob, as a prospective student interested in purchasing the training you
offer at your web site (www.price-rules.com), I would like to ask you the
following questions:

1)  How many years have you been professionally trading?

2)  Could I have the names (e-mail / phone) of four students you have taught
who are currently trading your methods?  I'd like to talk with them about
their experiences in your course.

3)  What higher education credentials do you have in subjects related to
trading and/or teaching?

4)  What books or articles have you published in trading related journals
which describe in general terms your trading philosophy and techniques?

5)  Bob, I'd like to hit the ground running in your course.  What books,
chapters, articles would you recommend I read to get a foundation that would
prepare me to take maximal advantage of your course?  Who are the trading
authors you recommend?

6)  What courses, training, supervision have you had in teaching in general,
and teaching specifically related to trading?  Could you tell me the name of
the person who supervised you during your training in teaching?

7)  Bob, most successful teachers give their students one page rating forms
after the course to get feedback about their teaching and course content.
Can you summarize the nature of your students' most recent ratings?  What
strengths do they report?  Everyone can improve:  What areas have they noted
that can be improved?

8)  Your ideas about reading price behavior  sound interesting, and mirror
views I have read about in the classical literature on trading.  However, it
seems a bit vague.  Can you tell me in general terms what it is you look for
in price behavior, how you spot it.  Is it concrete enough so that we each
can identify it clearly at the same time when it happens on a rt chart?

9)  What experiences and/or credentials do you have in computer programming?
Have you taken the Omega seminar in EL programming, or are you versatile in
other computer languages?

10)  Have you programmed your own indicator and system ideas in Easy
Language?

11)  Very often the process of coding one's ideas is in itself a learning
experience.  When you have coded aspects of your system methodology, or your
indicators, what has this process taught you about your trading?  Has it
been a source of ideas for improving your trading and that of your students?

12)  Bob, you probably have seen many students come and go.  What student
attributes seem most often associated with success in your course?

13)  Students inevitably have rough times.  Can you tell me about a recent
student's trading problem, and how you helped him/her overcome it?

14)  Bob, your training, like those of others these days, if offered via
"remote control":  on the web, e-mail, phone calls.  My best learning
experiences have taken place in face to face seminars with other students
and the instructor.  Is it possible that I could sit in with you while you
trade before I take your course to get a feel for your trading style?

15)  Is there an additional charge for sitting in with you while you trade
and reviewing these trades together at the end of the day?  I'd like to do
this several times while the course is in progress. The idea I'm getting at
is being sure we are "on the same page".

16)  Bob, what life experiences, from other areas of your life, have you
found relevant to your trading success, and relevant to your teaching of
traders?

17)  Bob, I'd like to call you at a convenient time, and talk with you on
the phone.  Let me have your number. This would give us both a chance to
find out if our communication process will work smoothly.  It is important
to me that my course instructor and I be able to communicate openly about my
problems, strengths, and possible weaknesses as I progress in your course.

Thank you.