Re: TS2Ki - Advice From Omega

Maybe TS2K is indeed bug free - just that its not compatible
with anything OR do not intend the program to run on :)

Don't forgot OR was forced to write their global server around DBC's
datamgr which is a piece of crap, then built on top of that a new charting
thing that "looks" like TS4, in too short a period of time due to stock
price problem. Thus, TS2K must have fundamental design problem.
I think their approach was quick and dirty - as long as it looks working,
and they can deliver the product for sale ... mission accomplished!

Then they try to extend this new platform to support other datafeed
which do not have this dbc thing ...

I have seen charting pack used by institution developed in-house with
features way beyond TS2K and the program is way smaller in size ...
maybe great program cannot be created for money - at least in the
beginning :)

The truth, I still like TS4 or TS2K for the charting features and
capabilities.
But I won't use it as my main trading platform ... crash is not an option
in real time trading!

-Lawrence Chan

From: <ribau@xxxxxxxxxxx>