Re: 2000i??

I am still running service pack 2 on NT with about 200 symbols (mostly
commodities) enabled real time via BMI sat.  I have had very little trouble
(no blue screens) and no sluggishness to speak of.  I don't run a lot of
huge systems and I don't typically keep more than 5-6 work spaces open but
occasionally go up to 12-15. When I call my orders in, delays in data
aren't much different that what I typically faced with other systems.

I run a Pentium 3 with 128mgs of ram. When I installed I did a clean
install on a brand new machine.

Stewart

At 07:25 AM 2/18/00 -0800, ribau@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>It still occasionally loses the connection with my BMI cable box, and it's
>still way too sluggish for real time trading no matter how few symbols you
>collect, even on a 500MHz PIII with 256Mb RAM. I run TS2Ki daily on a
>266MHz PII with 128Mb RAM, but just for laughs. I use TS4 for trading, and
>probably will for the next year or so until Omega accidentally gets TS2Ki
>running properly.
>
>>>For all you 2000i users:
>>>
>>>How reliable is 2000i to do only 3 symbols realtime under windows 98?
>>>
>>>I really want TS4 with e-signal, but that's not possible.
>>>
>>>regards,
>>>
>>>Marcelo

Stewart Taylor
Taylor Fixed Income Outlook