Re: Comstock and quote.com

I wrote:
> You must have lousy internet service to be so critical of quote.com.

To amplify on that, I use a small local ISP run by hard-core Linux
freaks who are fanatical about providing enough bandwidth to their
customers. Not modem speed, which is only average, but rather being sure
there aren't any bottlenecks in their pipe to the world. I've tried a
bunch of different ISPs and this is the best one so far. There is a huge
difference in quality and reliability between the best and the worst.

I live on the west coast of the US and pinged my pal Hans in Germany,
half way around the world.

PING Statistics for online-club.de
round-trip (ms) min/avg/max = 310/318/331

Less than 1/3 second for a round-trip to Germany and back with a dialup
56K modem. I can live with that kind of internet delay. :-)

--
  Dennis