Re: Fuzzy Logic NN etc. WAS: Rocket Science

----- Message d'origine -----
De : <IndTrader2@xxxxxxx>
À : <pierre.orphelin@xxxxxxxxxx>; <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé : dimanche 6 février 2000 17:49
Objet : Re: Fuzzy Logic NN etc. WAS: Rocket Science

> Interesting charts-Why not produce a web page/email attachment   of a
> complete system (fuzzy entries and fuzzy exits) SYSTEM REPORT similar what M.
> Brown has done. Your charts are always in the market (is this a limitation of
> the product ?-exits are vitally important as you obviously know).

We make it learn a zig zag, so there is no flat position to learn.
I do not think that exits are agood solution, because if you are wrong, go to the other side.
Now, you may add exits manually as for any system, or train several fuzzy systems and
 perform a multiple vote ( template provided). Then you have your exits when systems disagree.

>The fuzzy
> bashing is quite in line with lots of "expert systems" believers and most of
> the time the bashing  is based on a lack of understanding of the topic.
> However, you are trying to sell a product based on something many do not
> understand. M. Brown is not selling anything (yet ;-) however, he provides
> lots of interesting system comments/reports/code etc etc .

Yes.
The web site, still complicated , has several examples, comparison with classical systems.
See neurofuzy at work section.
Who is that Mr Brown ?

> I bet you would sell more software if people understood more. Granted, the
> demo is quite nice-however, always being in the market, is not realistic nor
> wise and qualifing  any system without exits is incomplete. These limitations
> could be dispelled with a minimal mount of work on your side (screen dump a
> fully fuzzied sys report).

Already done on the web
The demo is not a demo , but a limited version of the commercial one.
So you may test with your own indicators, what is better than providing examples
that work...
Again, exits are not mandatory.
If you look at a zig zag chart, there are few that are worth to be treated as exits
instead of SAR.

>This thread in various forms comes and goes in
> various forms-Most people who follow this list are either newbies (who are
> probably under financed to begin with -so they are not really potential
> customers or is preying on the ignorant a sales tactic ??? ) or fairly
> successful (properly financed) systems traders who  would gladly  improve
> their systems and  view the cost of your product as irrelevant.  The cost of
> said product will pay for itself through profits generated.

It's cheap IMHO.
At least, if it works as advertised here, it's  very cheap...

> I did sales in a "previous life" quite successfully actually and found at
> nearing the final signing/buying if there were a few lose ends (and their
> always is)  of A,B&C.  I would use the sentence, "If I do A, B and C will you
> buy the product" ? If they say yes and A,B& C are done, the customer
> usually/always buys the thing as he has already said yes. As dumb as this
> sounds .....you might be surprised to see how few people realize how sales
> are really done.
> Just trying to be objective and helpful.

Thanks.
 Sincerely,

-Pierre Orphelin
Neurofuzzy Logic tools for TradeStation
Free evaluation versions and competitive upgrades available
web: http://www.sirtrade.com