RE: TradeStation 2000i - SP4b is very stable

Larry, here's my responses and some extra:

> - proceeded to reacquire and reload data

Was this from omz files only? Any expired or long, continuous contracts?

A: Was a combination of OMZ from Omega site; Historybank.com download; ASCII
and Metastock compatible import from my own older data.

> - reimported a couple of my saved indicators, nothing fancy

>From ela's, I presume? Use any DLL's?

A: ELS imports. No, I don't have any self-made or third party DLL's. My own
studies are simple and bar oriented, no fancy math being done here.

> having problems plotting more than one symbol on a chart, and odd crashes

I could always *plot* a chart - it would 'sit there' for a long time. I
just couldn't *do* anything with it; multiple clicks, changes, etc :-).

A: That *was* my experience too. I could look at a plan chart with
(sometimes) several indicators on it, but click around too much, draw
trendlines, egads, edit a trendline, or add a second or third symbol -
crash! **THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN ANY MORE, and is such a big and visible change
from SP3 and earlier versions that I am sold on SP4b (and probably also SP4C
now too)**.

> I used to have one a day some weeks, certainly at least a couple a week.

Your 'base line' is far better than mine. Minimum is a crash every day or
two, and goes up to 20+ / day when I do anything fancy.

A: Well, my base line of a crash a day some weeks was based on trying to do
more than just "look" at a chart. If all I did was pull up a symbol in a new
chart, and *look* at it, I'd not crash. Usually. Again, all this is history
for me now. Egads, some days I don't shut TS2000i down! I add new charts and
workspaces with IMPUNITY! Multiple symbols galore! Multiple studies and
symbols galore. Even multiple symbols and multiple time frames on a single
chart. All these things would crash TS2000 PRE-SP4b on a regular basis....
and now *not once*.

Feel free to ask more, here's a bit more info on my environment for the
group:

CPU - P-III 350 MHz
RAM - 128MB
DISK - 2 disks, one for the operating system and other applications; one I
have dedicated to TS/GlobalServer.
OS - NT 4.0 SP6, I run NT on all my machines, I did not acquire it solely
for the purposes of TS.
VIDEO - a stock 64MB video card which I run, usually, in 1600 point
resolution.
RT Data - PCQuote Hyperfeed internet delivery
EOD Data - a mixture of OMZ, Historybank (which seems to be working much
better as well), and ASCII/Metastock files

Good luck all.
Michael