RE: Off Topic: Help! Windows98 Problem

Make sure you are accessing the hard drive for optimum performance and not
the dreaded COMPATIBILITY mode...
that would explain the delay.

I have almost the indentical set-up to yours.....Jaz and all.
Because I have over 19 services loaded in the bottom "quiklaunch"
toolbar.....
my system is unstable....and must be reboot several times daily.

Win98 cannot handle lots of embedded services like NT can.
It has an entirely different "dispatching" model.

You might want to run Norton SysInfo and review all of the programs and
services active.....
you will be amazed at how much memory some of them take (Outlook uses over
25 meg ram alone!!)