Re: Product Announcement for "PowerST: The Power System Tester"

> Met Dave Stendahl once at an Omega Dog and Pony show in NYC. Seems like a
> nice guy. Very knowledgeable about this stuff.

Nice enough I guess. You would think he was knowedgeable, that is until you
bring up some of the problems with his software. For example, I don't think
he understands the difference between a long-term single contract simulation
versus a constant-f scheme.

Here's a good one. I had a system that would buy MOC. With his software I
was able to create a follow-on buy during the day, BEFORE the original trade
took place, at a better price than the original! Classic bouncing tick
error. Leads to amazing but FAKE results!.

I think he's been locked into the TS mentality for so long he's unable to
see the forest for the trees. We had a rather long and frustrating phone
converstation in which he basically implied I was an
idiot because I had some problems with his software. As I recall he
completely missed the points I was expressing (in great detail, on my dime).
He was unable hear what I was saying because he was too busy "explaining"
things to me. He TELLS you how it is, or how he believes it to be, but is
very POOR at listening to what someone else is telling him. Typical of
someone who thinks he knows it all.

rgds phil
http://www.patterntrader.com