EasyLanguage Question: Ref'ing Daily on an IntraDay Chart

Does anyone know the impact of *not* saving DAILY data, if I'm already
saving tick data??

I know I can use the EL functions, "HighD", "CloseD" etc to reference
the OHLC of previous days, in a system I have applied to a 5-minute
chart.  ...Does TS calculate this "on the fly" using my tick data, if
that's all I have saved in Server?  Or is it *necessary* to have my
Portfolio settings, in Server, set to save DAILY data, too?

For that matter--suppose I add a second data series to my 5-minute
chart-- a DAILY.  Again, what data does TS use?

THANKS
Ian