Re: [Re: "Security Block is Missing" Error Message]

"hans esser" <he96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> get a 2nd LPT and you never have a problem anymore
>
> rgds hans

I believe that the security block must be on LPT1 and on no other parallel
port. That was my experience, anyway, when I attempted to install a second
parallel port. Unfortunately, my Canon printer also required LPT1 and would
not share with the security block.

Try going into your computer's setup and ensuring that the settings for LPT1
are the same as on your P233, particularly the mode (Auto or Enabled; Output
only, Bi-directional, ECP and EPP).

Just a suggested approach; I have no idea whether is will be helpful.

jfb
shaven heads trading
new york city