RE: "Security Block is Missing" Error Message

I might have the solution, because my printer, HP895C, does not work on my
new computer (500 MHZ Athlon).

Theory:
The block, as well as HP895, is utilising bidirectional communication. Your
computer, just as mine, is way to fast for the hardware in the block. Clock
it as a 400 MHZ machine (75MHZ system bus), and I bet it works again. Of
course, if it works, you might not be happy...