mjohnson Help! TS4 won't unpack/setup/run on Sony VAIO

Santa bought me a very nice 1" thick notebook computer
and I'm trying to migrate my environment there.  But
I am stymied by Omega Tradestation 4 build 19.6 and I
fervently hope some kind list reader can help me.

The symptoms:

1. The original Omega CDROM containing TS4 loads just fine
   on my old desktop computer, which is running Windows
   98.  The program "setup.exe" runs correctly and TradeStation
   4 installs correctly.

2. But this same CDROM does NOT load on the new Sony VAIO.
   I get a fatal error  "ISINST30 caused a general protection
   fault in _INS0433._MP at 001f:00000085"

3. The Sony VAIO is running Windows 98 Second Edition

4. To see whether the problem might lay with the CDROM
   drive and/or the Omega CDROM disk, I copied the original
   Omega disk onto a fresh virgin blank CD-R disk, and
   then tried this disk in both computers.  It ran fine
   on the desktop machine (under Windows 98), and gave the
   same error message on the VAIO notebook machine
   (under W98 Second Edition).

I am wondering whether this is a common problem that lots
of people have already seen, and fixed?  What's the fix?
Is it well-known that Omega and the VAIO just don't play
nicely together?

Grateful for your expertise,
  -Mark Johnson   janitor@xxxxxxxxxxxx