re: data feeds

To all the folks that appreciated my lighthearted
analysis of the data feed squabble, my thanks to you.
 For the others here is my point.......some guys say
internet feeds are ok, no doubt because they have not
gotten burned by them,  other say they dont trust them
because they have been or appreciate (correctly in my
view) the likelyhood that they eventually will be
burned. On the other hand some folks say that BMI is
picture perfect (and sometimes call people who use
internet feeds NAMES) while others, some of whom I
know and trust, find bmi to be 4 seconds to 90 seconds
behind the most popular internet feeds. What this
boils down to is that performance varies. Here in
Northern California some isp are very reliable, and
certainly some in other parts of Americanadia they are
not. BMI is really close to the isp feeds or not in
the ballpark, depending on tick volume I suspect. I
don't know of anyway to determine one's best course
with out trying out a setup. It is not easy or cheap
but it would be definitive.
Meanwhile, because I was serious about not sharing
bandwidth, let me say that I have been using bmi for
100 years and that their ticks are actually in advance
of realtime, and that they send me fruit baskets for
Christmas and a no charge techie when I have a
problem. Get it?