Re: off topic: NT partition types

Chris,
You never mentioned how much memory you had...The more you have the better
NT likes it (This is especially true with the upcoming Win2k)  If you have
<64mb then stick with win98.  I have no experience with using the fat32
driver so I'm no help there.  NTFS is faster if you have enough memory...it
has to do with the way NT does its cache algorithm.  Also if you have no dos
programs that you run, you can turn off NT's generation of short file names
in the registry.  A faster disk will always help...I really like the IBM
7200rpm series, very fast and very quiet.  As for defrag the most popular is
diskeeper v5, which is what I use but it has one little quirk.  On the root
of your drives it creates (at least this is the program I think creates it)
a file called pad.esi which can grow to about 25mb or so.  Does no harm to
delete.  And it can defrag the win98 volumes as well.

Hope this helps,
Mike Lange