off topic - video expansion question

I have a notebook (DELL Inspiron 3000) which I use for order entry to my
brokers.  I am about to start using Interactive brokers and their software
requires 1028x768 resolution.    As it stands I cannot get all the IB
workspace on to the screen.  Is there some way of acheiving this.  I know
that if I were using a desktop I could just change the graphics/video card.
Is there soemthing that goes in the PCMCIA slot that I could use?  any other
solution?

many thanks

Philip