Re: TS.com privacy - anyone care?

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Andrew wrote:

> go thru the net. Else, a lot more than just your name can potentially be
> sent over.

> upgrade exe, which gives you some control, the guy can take a lot of stuff
> from you.

Yes! This is exactly what I was referring to. There are many pgms that do
this now. Omega might even say "we don't do that". The practice of sharing
with data-collection companies is rapidly expanding - check where you are
sent to when you do some updates. Omega just provides the 'back door'.
Some companies even provide a pre-written back door - all you have to do
is drop it in. Very easy.

> I don't see how you can't firewall it properly.

Easy - just send it along with the data request, which *has* to go
through the firewall for the software to work.

> "Trust Allah - and tie up your camel".

Indeed!

Larry