Re: [Fwd2: refresh file]

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000 editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Why do they "have to" follow such management?  I am aghast at such a statement.  I should expect one to say that they "have to" oppose such management - not follow it!
>
> The engineer, technician, programmer, or other employee asked to do something he believes to be wrong - for example, to release a buggy product - *must* stand firm on his principles and *not do* what he believes to be wrong.  He must maintain his integrity regardless of the short-term personal "cost".
>
> If he chooses to violate his own principles - for example, in order to avoid being fired - then he must bear full responsiblity for his action.  These are settled principles of ethics.

A noble thought, and I would have to agree with you on principle. But -
you should know better than to say such things in a profession that does
not seem to be a pinnacle of ethics :-). And - Omega is a marketing
company in that profession, not a software company. Combine marketing and
trading, and the pinnacle is even lower, perhaps :-).

Just a thought...

Larry