From: <editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Bob Fulks <bfulks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 6:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Fwd2: refresh file]

> -- Bob wrote:
> >
> > The employees of any company are ALWAYS trying to do
> > a good, conscientious job for their customers. They
> > ALWAYS want to deliver a product that they can be
> > proud of.
> >
> > Every person I have ever talked with at Omega has
> > been in this category.
> >
> > The problem is ALWAYS the management systems that the
> > employees have to follow.
> >

> Why do they "have to" follow such management?  I am aghast at such a
statement.  I should expect one to say that they "have to" oppose such
management - not follow it!

> The engineer, technician, programmer, or other employee asked to do
something he believes to be wrong - for example, to release a buggy
product - *must* stand firm on his principles and *not do* what he believes
to be wrong.  He must maintain his integrity regardless of the short-term
personal "cost".

> If he chooses to violate his own principles - for example, in order to
avoid being fired - then he must bear full responsiblity for his action.
These are settled principles of ethics.