Re: ts2k

Here are some problems I'm having with TS2Ki SP3 running on a 500MHz PIII
with 256Mb SDRAM, Win 98se, and BMI cable (clean install on new machine):

Every time I launch SP3 I must maximize the Quote Monitor windows, the
Tracking Center windows, and the News Monitor windows, they always open
minimized. I also must re-scale most charts when I open a workspace because
SP3 doesn't remember the scale settings from the last time they were open.
This requires considerable wasted mouse clicks, time, and frustration every
time the program is started.

In one workspace I have a 5min chart of INTC which covers from the open on
11/23 through the end of trading 11/24, I tighten the bar spacing to show
data from 11/22 through the end of trading 11/24 and save the workspace. I
change to another workspace then back to INTC and now the bar spacing has
changed to show data from 11/19 through end of trading 11/24. More
frustration.

SP3 still has problems with the rent-a-server, it loses its connection with
the data receiver. Suddenly DataManager will tell me, "Cannot find Receiver
on any comm port." This situation requires shutting down and restarting
TS2Ki, the GS, and the DataManager. Sometimes DataManager reports,
"Communications interrupted 02%, Reception???" Often the password field
shows "none." These two situations do not seem to impact data collection
and do not require any rebooting, but they don't inspire confidence in the
program either.

All of this, and every other operation, wastes an incredible amount of time
because TS2Ki responds to every command very slowly. During fast market
conditions, the mouse cursor floats lazily across the screen, letters
printed to the screen can't keep up with my typing, and changing between
workspaces takes forever. With these billion share days we've been having
lately, it becomes like one of those dreams where you're trying to get away
from the monster but you're caught in some viscous liquid and the monster
is closing in on you.

These basic problems prevented me from fully testing TS2Ki because in order
to trade I still must use TS4. I haven't had a crash since upgrading to
SP3, but TS2Ki still cannot be used reliably for real time trading. I gave
up after the first week and consigned SP3 to the old 266MHz PII sitting in
the corner. It runs about the same on this slower, less powerful machine,
and has the same problems outlined above. Today I tried SP3 on a 450MHz PII
with similar results. TS2Ki is fun to play with, but should not be taken
seriously at this time.