LAN question with NT workstation and Windows 98 and 3 tips

This weekend I made my first excursion into a home LAN.  I purchased a 4 hub
system by Netgear / Baynetworks.

The machine I use to connect to my dial up ISP is a 133 Pentium with 128megs
of RAM and runs NT workstation 4.0 with service pack 5.

I have it connected to a Hewlett Packard 450 mhz. machine with 128 megs of
RAM running windows 98.

When I double click on Network Neighborhood on the NT machine, I only see
the 98 machine listed in the Network.

When I double click on Network Neighborhood on the 98 machine, I only see
the 98 machine listed in the Network.

I can transfer files from the NT machine to the 98 machine.

I can ping the NT machine from the 98 machine.

The service tech at Netgear duplicated my problem exactly, but he said he
couldn't figure it out.  Does anyone have any ideas how I can see my NT
machine on the Network ?

Tips:

Per Sentinal Trading's advice, I went into  network properties and unbound
Net Bios from TCP IP.  It really helped my security score  on
http://www.dslreports.com/r3/dsl/secureme
Thanks Sentinal.

I also think it would be a good idea to have the system communicate via Net
Beui, because it is faster.  However, I think I have to leave TCP IP on for
Tradestation 2000 to work.

Finally, I am using Nshare as recommended by CNET.  It works without a proxy
server and is the easiest thing to use.  A tech at Netgear said everyone
there uses Sygate if you want to use a proxy server.  They preferred it over
Wingate because of its simplicity and not crashing their networks.