Re: Stock Picks and Dr. Hermansen Spam

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Stock Picks and Dr. Hermansen Spam
  • From: Stephen Wandling <stephenw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 10:40:41 -0800

Ron, Your "Rules" are somewhat loaded and your position is 'thinly veiled'.  Or to put it another way, I don't know if I have ever seen such a delicate expression of fascist policy. Your 'Rules' would allow 'brief' additions of items that many may not feel are appropriate here, while completely stifling any attempt to stop them.  This is a thinly veiled attempt to gag the silent majority. Under your rules this might well be my second to last post to this list.  I assure you it's not. Your friendly whining, basher, busybody, do-gooder, Stephen Subject: Re: Stock Picks and Dr. Hermansen Spam Date: 11 Nov 1999 15:23:24 -1000 From: Ron Augustine To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx It's probably not really practical to allow something like this, regardless of how worthwhile it might be for those who are interested-- because the bashers and do-gooders will continue to pile-on anyone who attempted it, no matter how well researched the information or how honorable the intentions of the tipster. If such a practice were to be allowed, at least two rules would need to be in place and enforced-- 1) Only one brief message with basic information would be permitted.  If this rule were violated, the person would be warned once and any subsequent violation would result in immediate removal from the List. 2) The bashers and busy-bodies would not be permitted to flood the List with their normal plethora of follow-up bashing and whining.  Anyone who violated this rule would be warned once, then removed from the List immediately upon receipt of any additional message on the subject. Unfortunately, this would be the only way to keep the List clean and orderly. _______________________________________ At 12:37 PM 11/11/1999 -0800, you wrote: >I cancel this vote by voting YES. > >Stephen Wandling wrote: >> >> I vote NO on turning this list into a stock pick site.  The "Dr's" spam is a prime example.  I also >> vote NO on assassinations, political debates and related topics. >> >> I don't care how 'discrete' the stock pick info is, I still vote NO! >> >> Stephen