Re: Global answer

Keep in mind that slow and spotty Internet access is still the norm, and
it's not especially reliable for real time trading. Maybe in three or four
years most people will have high speed access and network connections will
be more reliable, but the Net's not like that today. I've tried web based
trading platforms before and they lag badly compared to cable or satellite
delivery, sometimes by several minutes. Another drawback is that since the
application would reside on a web server, traders will not have access to
their charts anytime they are not online or can't get online.