Re: Omega's Net Strategy

>>What is known for sure is that maintaining the database, symbol universe
>>from their server  will be certainly less time consuming for them than develop
>>for various datafeed and multiple SP fixes.
>>Also, it solves the piracy issue...

That would be so wonderful. Omega taking care of our databases like they
have the symbol universe all these years. OR doesn't want to develop for
various datafeed because they don't know how to develop for various
datafeeds, that's why TS2Ki has a Rent-a-Server. And no more wonderful SP
fixes like SP3, what a loss, what will we do with all that time on our
hands, trade?

>>The overall service will be certainly better because it will be  equivalent to maintain one
>>big ( very big) Tradestation Server through internet technology and a lot of remote client application
>>that will be free of data maintenance, hang up and so on .

The overall service certainly couldn't be worse because there isn't any
service now. Can you seriously imagine OR being in charge of that One Very
Big TradeStation Server in the Sky? There could never ever be any problems
ever again with the Big Cruz at the helm. He keeps telling us how much he
loves us and wants us to succeed per his "Dear Fellow Trader" letter on
page 27 of the Nov TASC. I just want to curl up on his lap and purr while
he pets my pretty little head.

>>The future of datafeed vendor for the individual investor is now in a downtrend...

The future of all TS users is now in a downtrend. SP3 is voted best joke of
the week, it's been made more lovely but it still bogs down at the open and
charts still need to be re-scaled every time the charting module is opened.
I did a clean  install of SP3 on a brand new 500MHz PIII machine with
256Mb, and 15 open workspaces use most of the machines resources. Switching
between workspaces is very slow and causes the charts to flicker and jump
even with a Matrox G400 having 32Mb.

These are only first impressions, I can hardly wait to really dig into it
and discover other disappointments. The upgrade process on three other
machines I tried it on was painful. The easiest upgrade path was to
uninstall SP2 and start all over again. I eagerly anticipate all the fun
SP4 will provide. And before the end of the year? What a great holiday
present, you're going to miss out because you still have no real time data
feed.

>>-Pierre Orphelin
>>Neurofuzzy Logic tools for TradeStation

There's definitely something fuzzy about your thinking.