Re: Wise up strategy

In other words what Mark Brown is saying is that Omega likely doesn't have
the source code to the TS 4 Server.    If Mark's information is correct,
Omega used the Townsend Analytics, Ltd., (TAL) Server and API for Windows
3.1.   Omega would also have a license to distribute the TAL DLL's for
Windows 3.1.   It would explain why many users found the TS 4 Server to be
so reliable.

The problem would be I would doubt Townsend Analytics would bother to update
their now-obsolete Windows 3.1 Server and API for Y2K computability.     I
wonder how Omega handled Y2K for TS 4 and how reliable TS 4 might be in
2000?

The TAL Server also includes a DDE interface which is how the Server
communicates to the TAL clients.   For internet applications DDE was used
over the internet to TAL Client Software.    From my understanding TAL
Server software is used by many institutions and used to be used for
internet Real-time solutions from vendors such as PC Quote and S&P Comstock.

Now I'm wondering if Omega used the TAL 32-bit Server and API for TS 2000?
All the problems I've had with TS 2000 seem to have arisen from errors in TS
2000 Charting, not the Server.

Townsend's web page is :
http://www.taltrade.com/