Wise up strategy

Bob Fulks wrote:

<snip, snip>

> It is quite clear that the development process at Omega is totally
> out of control. SP3 makes major changes in functionality in what was
> supposed to be a bug fix release.
>
> Any experienced software manager knows that you must freeze the
> functionality of code long before the release and only allow bug
> fixes after a version is released. This code is "pre-beta" quality.
>
> Under these conditions, it is not clear that we will ever see a usable version.
>
> Perhaps they will wise up and recompile TradeStation 4.0 as a 32 bit
> application, eliminating only the 13000 bar limitation with no other
> changes. That could be a decent product to retain their market
> position while they fool around with redesigning TS2000i.

As an ex-software product manager, I agree with this opinion 100%.
In general I dislike reading "me too" messages which fail to add
information, but Fulks' post is absolutely, positively correct, and
it goes straight to the heart of the matter.

If Omega were to wise up, perhaps they could do just a little more
than eliminate the 13000 bar limitation, but not much more.  Listen
carefully, Omega.

TS4 users on this omega-list could construct a prioritized list of
not more than a half dozen bugs to be squashed at the same time a
TS4-32 version was created.  Omega could reduce that list based on
a lack of localized code changes required to effect a fix for bugs
on the short list.

Surely the Omega development and QA troops could manage
1. 32 bit version,
2. elimination of the 13000 bar limit,
3. elimination of any Y2K bugs not already patched by build 24, and
4. a very short (<6) list of bug fixes, each with localized changes.

Send your suggestions to this list, with a copy to Omega.

Rod