Re: with GIFs.....(Fwd) Re: whats this FEATURE ?

  • To: "Dennis Holverstott" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: with GIFs.....(Fwd) Re: whats this FEATURE ?
  • From: "pierre.orphelin" <pierre.orphelin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 17:24:11 -0700

----- Message d'origine -----
De : Dennis Holverstott <dennis@xxxxxxxxxx>
À : Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé : samedi 23 octobre 1999 20:36
Objet : Re: with GIFs.....(Fwd) Re: whats this FEATURE ?

> good stuff from pierre on rebuilding the databases
>
> > I cant say for sure  but the problem is probably due to the databaseS:
>
> i think, in THIS case, the problem was much simpler. the day in question
> opened in the lower half of the range, then went up, then went below the
> open and closed near the open. in realtime, the system correctly bought
> on a stop near the high and exited on a money management stop when the
> price went down.

Probably true if the entry was on the same bar than the exit, but I do not remember if it was the case here.

TS4 makes no difference with daily bars when they are generated by tick files
or true daily ( OHLC) database and when a recalculation occurs.
The only solution to have historical result in this case meeting realtime is to
use  intraday bars and evaluate the daily bars from the intraday bars.
Cumbersome, but solved by TS2000i

Sincerely,

PO