Re: Opening Sequence of Charts in WorkSpace

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Bob Fulks wrote:

> At 8:15 AM -0600 10/22/99, Larry McBride wrote:
>
> >I had thought there was supposed to be some degree of control over the
> >sequence in which charts within a given workspace were opened.  However, in
> >trying to clarify this with OR regarding TS2k I received the following
> >answer from Customer Support.
> >
> > >All charts in one workspace will open at one time there is no sequence for
> > >it to open in.

IF true, this is a disaster for those folks using a global DLL! My TS2k
does not seem to open wksp/charts/windows in the same order.

In addition, one MUST know the order of execution of windows/charts within
a workspace in order to use globals properly.

This 'order' thing is probably why Omega abandoned globals - it's too hard
for them to figure out the right way to do it. [Hint: check the age-old
System Writer, with built in globals that worked :-)]

> >Does anyone have a different answer than that?
>

> The best description I have seen is in the HashNums Global Variable
> documentation, the portion of which I have quoted below.

Was this the TS4 DLL docs? Is it different in the TS2k DLL docs?

Perhaps a comment from Kim Horn, the globals DLL author at Qtrade?

Anyone know the *real* answer?

(the other) Larry