Correction: Any info on service pack 3?

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Larry Wright wrote:

> Seems SP3 will be a re-install, not just an update, and thus will require
> a new CD. I asked for some details about this...

<snip>

It seems I got a lot of bad information in this conversation. This was a
more senior person than the folks I had talked with previously, seemed
more knowledgeable, and I tended to believe him. Today, an even more
senior person called, seemed even more knowledgeable, and corrected a
number of things. I tend to believe him. (Is there a pattern here? :-).

SP3 will NOT need a reinstall, and will go over the current pgm. Existing
workspaces and data *will* be preserved in the update (although it is
apparently extensive - you would probably not want to download it).

My apologies to all of you for passing on incorrect information. Because
of the technical detail, it sounded quite authoritative at the time...

Larry