Subject: RE: Any info on service pack 3?
Author: Larry Wright
Date:  10/20/1999 4:17 AM

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Anshien, Joe wrote:

> Why can't they post it to the web like a customer orientated company?

Too big. I've been talking with OR about several problems, and they are
now mentioning SP3 as 'the fix'. It seems they are waiting to see if SP3
removes some of the problems folks have reported(here?).

Seems SP3 will be a re-install, not just an update, and thus will require
a new CD. I asked for some details about this...

Will first have to uninstall TS2k (and call support if it does not remove
ALL the old things including invalid registry entries - they admitted TS
has uninstall problems), then reinstall everything again.

I was rather put off by this, because all the many workspaces I put
together will disappear with the 'update'. Seems there is no way to save
them - and if you cheat and move them to another directory, and then try
to fool TS, the old-style WS's will wreak even more havoc with TS.

It would seem that OR devoted much effort to get every last 'eye candy'
feature they can, but little effort was put in to make TS maintenance
easier. I believe there are many changes that could be made, some very
easy to do, to make TS *much* easier to 'live with'. As Joe said,
customer oriented.

And then there's the data....

With apologies to OM in advance, I'm PO'd ('pi__ed off' - NO reference
intended to PO of French fame) and am complaining (otherwise known as
whining).

And that's a feeling, but I suspect I didn't have to label it :-).

Larry