Re: whats this FEATURE ?

>This reminds me of Owen Davies' divide by zero error...  He didn't post his
"Oscillator" code so we all blast away at shadows of targets...  We just
don't know what we're shooting at.  Owen?  Whatever happened to the divided
by zero error?  Did we fix it with our random blasts?

Sorry about that.  I didn't mean to be mysterious.  It's just that the
precise code didn't
seem critical to the situation.   I've done a lot of playing with oscillator
derivatives
of late, and the problem has cropped up several times with a number of
variations.
I only just got around to asking about it.

Anyway, yes, it's fixed.  All I had to do was shorten the lookback period or
set
MaxBarsBack higher.  Shortening the lookback, per one of the replies,
changed the
error message from DBZ to "tried to reference... ."  But by the time I
looked at my e-mail
for the reply, I'd stumbled onto changing MaxBarsBack on my own.  (Would be
nice if SC
had the automatic setting that I now understand exists in TS, but it's
another of those
features they deleted to keep SC from eating into the market for their
high-end product.)
I still can't figure out why the lookback problem gave a divide-by-zero
message, but
error messages have always seemed a bit mysterious to me.

Thanks to all who helped.

Owen Davies.