Re: Alerts set to appear only once?

Mystery Man <mktmaker50@xxxxxxxxxxx> asks:
>Is there a way to set an alert triggered from EL code to appear to the
>screen 1 time?  I know I can set the sound alert on once, but I want to
>eliminate the recurring alert to the screen every tick of the alert bar.
>Please note that I wish to update my study every tick.

Unfortunately, no.  The problem is that EL variables are not saved
until the close of a bar, so every tick, as your code is called,
the variable you set to remember that you've already sounded the
alert will be back in its unset state.

The solution is to use one of the Global Variables packages from
third parties to remember the alert state.  Hopefully by now the
vendors of those GV packages have tutorial examples of the solution
to this FAQ.  Maybe someone can post the addresses of the GV vendors.

Jim