Re: Nymex/Comes Follies Heralds End of Open Outcry Trading?????

nonlinear wrote:
> agreed, but the best transition is side by side until the e-system
> proves itself.

EUREX works since about TEN years - what do you want to wait for ?

> and i don't want to here about the glowing success of eurex...

ok - keep your eyes and ears shut

> when has that e-system ever experience the volume AND
> volatility of the s&p such as 87 or even 98???

Eurex didnt exist in 87 :-)

.....and besides that, they have often days with near TEN TIMES the S&P
volume and they provide realtime bid + ask + bidsize + asksize and do
electronic STOPS and already years ago a study has been published that
volume can be better moved on an electronic system than in a comparable pit
market. Ofcourse that wasnt emini <~> SP but LIFFE BUND against DTB
BUNDS.

> face it, the bund is not the s&p :))

finally, you are right

rgds hans