Re: IF YOU DON'T KNOW, DON'T ACCUSE

In a message dated 10/2/99 6:11:02 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
robert.cummings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> You take
>  issue with a guy that misunderstood that one bug out of hundreds listed on
>  Mark Browns site turns out not to be a bug. When you have so many list
>  members saying that TSi is not as advertised by Omega do you really think
>  we care what Omega thinks?
(I do! I want them to improve their products!)

Maybe I did not understand, but I thought Omega Man was giving Larry a pat on
the back for being honest. Moreover, OMan does have a point: bitching and
whining about every little glitch (and automatically blaming OR) clogs up the
list. It is just like sending out a hoax virus report. I totally agree that
PO does the same thing on the other side when he is on Cruz control (most of
the time). When you blindly spew BS you just inspire more BS.

Omega would be better served focusing on quality rather than PR. They have a
long way to go. But the list would be better served if we edited OUR comments
and stuck to quality issues as well. Neither blind Omega bashing, nor Omega
PR, help the list.

TS

BTW, is Omega Man a system vendor? I thought he sold survival gear and such
at his site.